Are you struggling to handle the heat? Ten ways to stay cool this summer
Summer is here! The heat is too much this year. As per few reports the temperature is going to cross 45 degrees this year. They warned people to take care and stated that 50,000 people may die in India due to heavy temperature in this year. So we should follow some precautions to avoid heat in our body. Here we are giving you a list of food items which can help you to beat the heat in this summer and help you stay normal.
- Butter milk (or Curd):- Butter milk (or Curd) is having several health benefits. It helps the body to keep on cool. It cures indigestion- a frequent problem we encounter in the summers. Have a small glass (cup) of butter mil (curd) to beat those mid-morning hunger pangs.
- Cucumber:- Cucumber is an excellent food to cool off. Cucumber has two significant essentials. They are very much required in this hot summer, they are water and fiber. It also contains B vitamins, biotin which helps to make us feel recharged.
- Onion:- Raw onions are one of the best coolant for summer. We generally use a lot in our (Indian) daily food. However, not everybody might want to know your liking for these. A trick is here, take these at lunch, and then finish off the lunch with few mint leaves followed by some fragrant spice like cardamom. Phew!
- Bottle gourd:- There are multiple uses with bottle gourd. It is an excellent coolant, helps us in digestion, and keeps our heart healthy. Have a glass of its juice daily in the morning, if you can liking it or a good homely lauki dish, made with less oil and salt.
- Mint:- This is also act as a great starter or palate cleanser. Many people dislike these leaves to take as it is. So there is a tastier way to have these by making nice chutney or use as a garnish to your salads and dips.
- Watermelon: The natural watermelon has many health benefits. These are containing around 92% of water and have a host of nutrients stored in them, like vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids. This is having low calories, has less sodium content and is fat-free. No doubt, this is one of the typical summer snacks.
- Dhaniya (Coriander):- Coriander seeds have many medical values and it having many health benefits. Especially in summer we should use to cool our body. We can take some coriander seeds chew thoroughly and take a glass of water. Within few minutes our body will get cool. But many people dislike to chew, so there is a trick that they can boil with water and can sip a glass.
- Amla: - The Indian Gooseberry is super-food packed with nutrients and proves to be extremely beneficial in the hot summer. Have it whole, with some black salt dotted. Protect yourself from heat strokes, and to have overall good health.
- Apple:- Pair apples with peanut butter for the perfect snack that will cool down and fill us up. Apples contain about 4g fiber for around 95 calories. They also contain a type of soluble fiber called pectin, which has been found to stop hunger in its tracks and aid in weight loss.
- Lemon:- Lemon is the most useful and healthy fruit and it act a coolant, just have them in any way. Not only, does a tall glass of lemon water have the magical property of cooling anyone down, even on the hottest of days, it also gives you the much-needed boost of Vitamin C for a good immune system.
So, now that you know what all to have during the blazing summers, go ahead! Remember to drink a lot of water, avoid fried foods, food items with high sodium and sugar content and fast foods with empty calories. And prefer to take homely (homemade) food daily in summer to stay cool in hot summer.